Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) is a government-backed accident insurance scheme that provides accidental death and disability cover to people in the age group of 18 to 70 years with a bank account.The scheme is renewable on an annual basis and the annual premium is Rs.20, which is deducted from the account holder’s bank account through the auto-debit facility.
The scheme offers a coverage of Rs. 2 lakh for accidental death and full disability and Rs.1 lakh for partial disability.The accidental death and full disability benefit is payable only if the death or disability is caused by an accident.The partial disability benefit is payable if the insured person suffers a permanent disability due to an accident.
|Name of scheme||Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2023|
|Launched by||Govt of india|
|Benefit||2 lakhs for accidentle death and 1 lakh for partial disability|
Features of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
• The scheme offers a coverage of Rs.2 lakh if death is accidental and full disability and Rs.1 lakh for partial disability.
• The annual premium for the scheme is Rs. 20, which is deducted from the account holder’s bank account through the auto-debit facility.
• The (PMSBY) can be renewed on an annual basis.
• The claim under the scheme can be made within 3 years of the accident.
Eligibility of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
• Be in the age group of 18 to 70 years.
• Have a bank account.
• Provide Aadhaar number (mandatory).
Documents required for (PMSBY)
• Aadhaar card
• Bank account details
• Consent form
How to apply for (PMSBY)
• Approach any bank branch that is offering the scheme.
• After selecting bank now fill out your application form and submit it along with the required documents.
• The bank will deduct the annual premium from your bank account through the auto-debit facility.
• You will receive an insurance certificate from the insurance company.
How to Claim Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
In case of an accident, the claim under the PMSBY can be made by the nominee or the legal heir of the insured person.you must have these following documents to claim :
• Insurance certificate
• Death certificate (in case of death)
• Medical certificate (in case of disability)
• Police report (in case of accident)
The claim will be processed by the insurance company and the amount will be paid to the nominee or the legal heir within 30 days of the receipt of the claim documents.
How to check (PMSBY) status
• Visit the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (https://jansuraksha.gov.in/).
• Click on the “Check Status” tab.
• Enter your Aadhaar number and date of birth.
• Click on the “Submit” button.
Now you will be able to see your policy status.